The Game Crafter recently introduced the idea that you can mix and match chits on a single sheet. Thank you lasers. You can select up to ten different slugs on each sheet. If you use ten or fewer slugs, then you’ll only be charged for a single sheet. This matrix tells you how many of each type of chit fits on a single slug. Continue reading “Mix & Match Chits Matrix”
If you’re just getting started with The Game Crafter, you probably have many of the same questions that others have had.
This list of questions is meant to help dispel some of the confusion and mystery. It is not, however, a step-by-step walk through.
This page is no longer being updated. You should instead visit my personal site:
[Update: Thanks, JT, for fixing the bug]
The Game Crafter is running their crowd sale for The Captain is Dead and for its sequel, Adrift. To maximize your own purchase and get some savings on shipping, you should really add one or two other games (maybe even your own prototype).
The system isn’t exactly intuitive. Here’s how you can do it:
- Add ALL of the games you want to purchase to your basket, first. For example, go to Sneeze and click “Buy.” Your cart will show Sneeze.
- Go to the crowd sale page and click “purchase”
- You’re brought to the Buy The Captain is Dead – Adrift page
Here’s the tricky bit –if you don’t do this you get an error — scroll down and make sure you select your “Shipping Address”. [Update: this is no longer required. Thanks, JT] Once you add your address or select the correct one, go back up andNow, click “Attach a Cart.”
- If it attaches successfully, you should see your cart items, shown below. If you does not include your games, click the “Detach Cart” and try adding the games again to your cart and come back and retry this step.
- Last steps: fill out your shipping information and credit card details and scroll down and click “Approve Purchase”
A few other things:
Once you have an approved purchase, nothing is charged or shows up in your purchases until the end of the Crowd Sale. You can “Manage Your Purchase” from a link on the crowd sale page:
From the manage purchase page, you can also cancel, but why would you want to do that?